Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Sayanara....

With the contract year drawing to a close, the goodbyes began. The Saiyanara parties were stretched out over the past 2 weekends. The official Oita JET Saiyanara Party was on July 11th at a beer garden in Oita City. Now to be completely honest, the whole night is a bit hazy in my memory. All I know is that I ended up at McDonald's, which proves that my judgement was seriously impaired. Luckily, I got some really great pictures out of the night despite everyones'  inebriation. 

all my friends are tall and blonde....
I've gotten really good at these one-armed pictures. If by some tragic accident I lost my arm, I think I'd be able to handle it okay, much like Def Leopard's drummer. 
candid. 
 
Me, Danielle, Darin, and Nick
Me, Greg, Hunter, and Darin. I'm not quite sure why Darin was so pensive. He does study Anthropology, which makes him a modern day Indiana Jones, minus the whip and the hat. Lucky for Darin there are plenty of costume stores in America. 
Shazana's boyfriend stole the flower from my hair, but I think she liked it. 
Karaoke...
Gross. I sat at a McDonald's. Worse yet, I ate at a McDonald's. WORSER STILL I LOOK HAPPY ABOUT IT! 
Where the night ended, our favorite bar in Oita City. Shortly after this picture was taken Danielle and I headed back to her apartment and fell asleep while holding hands and watching "End of Days." Why "End of Days"? Because if anyone can save the world from the devil, it's Arnold. 
**********************

The following weekend the crew and I decided to head to a waterfall about 45 minutes away. It was gorgeous, and I can't think of a better way we could have spend our last weekend together. Plus, Betsy's sister Jennifer was visiting, so she was able to see a side of Japan that a lot of tourists miss.  


This is the waterfall. There were several little lagoons to swim in, and you could slide down the smoother rocks on tubes. 
The Girls: Jennifer, Betsy, me, Caitlyn, and Danielle. Notice a height difference? I told you, all my friends here are tall and blonde. 
The Boys: Ryan, Darin, and Stephen 
Jennifer took a picture of all of us together! 
I can't get over how much they look alike! 

After a day of swimming, diving off the rocks, and riding down the waterfall on the tube I was famished, so Ryan, Danielle, and I decided to go to a Mexican Food Restaurant in Oita City. Lucky for me, they had a birthday special... Said birthday special included a complementary margarita in a festive cup, and a costumed group photo.


our group shot. 

Alright, dinner is calling. That's all for now...

No comments: