Sunday, November 15, 2009

Odiaba

So on this gorgeous Fall Sunday, Winston and I decided to get out of the house and go to Odiaba. Odiaba is a little part of Tokyo best known for it's gigantic ferris wheel:

Pictured above, Odiaba's big ol' ferris wheel. In 1999 the Guinness Book of World Records voted this colorful contraption as the tallest in the world.

But before our excited Ferris wheel ride, Winston and I grabbed lunch at a Hawaiian restaurant and poked around a mall. This is when we stumbled upon one of the strangest things I've ever seen in real life. A BARBIE STORE. When I say I found a Barbie store, I don't mean a store filled with dolls, I mean a store filled with clothing and accessories FOR GROWN WOMEN, inspired by Barbie.


Winston and I didn't actually go into the store, mainly because I was a little freaked out. But we did however manage to snap a quick picture of the store's front display.

So, after we'd had a yummy lunch and a good dose of Barbie inspired giggles, we each paid the equivalent of $9.00 to ride a ferris wheel. Mind you, this is the cost of a movie in America, BUT this is Tokyo.

Us atop the ferris wheel.

I thought this was a really cool picture....

One last picture of the ferris wheel as we headed to the bay for a boardwalk stroll.

On our way to the board walk for a sunset stroll, Winston saw an instant photo op. I thought this was a really amazing picture. Look at the sun! I wanted to take one of him as well, but since I am camera challenged, it took about 5 minutes for me to do it...darn. At least I tried.

See, Winston's picture turned out WAY better! I think it's safe to say that I won't be a photographer when I grow up.

This is the Rainbow Bridge.

One last shot of the day, on the boardwalk near Tokyo Bay.

Alright folks, that's all for now. More Tokyo adventures to come.....

No comments: