Sunday, October 11, 2009

Anniversary Pasta



Here's a little Erin/ Winston trivia. October 5th marked 2 years since our first date, which consisted of pizza, a lot of German Beer, and a Journey themed Karaoke contest. And while my new dietary restrictions (dairy doesn't sit so well) prevent me from enjoying normal pizza, Winston and I still enjoy German Beer and a good round of Karaoke. So, to celebrate making it to two years we decided to make each other dinner. And when I say "make each other dinner," I mean I chopped veggies for a salad and Winston spent the day making pasta sauce. Here's our 2nd Anniversary menu:

Beverage: Red Wine
Appetizer: Fresh Garden Salad
Main Course: Whole Wheat Pasta and Sauce made from scratch
Dessert: Really yummy dark chocolate

To get our ingredients, we decided to shop at a local organic shop near the Hole. The folks that work there are super sweet, and the place is just adorable.
So cute!


the boy in front of the organic shop.

GIANT PUMPKIN! I want to cut it up and make a giant pie....

fresh squeezed juices

yum!

These tomatoes were amazing. I could have eaten several plain.

It was difficult to limit ourselves and buy only what we needed to make dinner! Everything looked so delicious.

our salad.

our wine! This was actually a birthday gift from my friends Greg and Nicole. Thanks, guys!

Winston and I in our dark and dodgy kitchen of doom.

the final product, amazing pasta.

Winston spent all day on the pasta sauce. It was so delicious. He had it simmering all day, and progressively filled it with yummy seasonings. Since we don't eat meat, he loaded it with lentils as well. What a guy. Mind you, we're still looking for a new apartment so we are lacking a few key pieces of furniture.... like a table. So we used a box...



we opted not to use candles, considering the flammable nature of our furniture...

No comments: