Thursday, October 22, 2009

Mutt in a Mug?

While walking home from dinner a few nights ago Winston and I spotted this dog sitting in a comically sized mug outside a pawn shop. Needless to say, the dog looked a little agitated. I'd be in a foul mood too if someone made me sit in a cup. We sat there for a few minutes, as I watched a few Japanese people pet the dog. I decided it was safe to pet him myself. Well, he didn't want ME to touch him, in fact he snubbed me. That's right, I was snubbed by a fluffy dog in a cup.


It was then that I decided that the dog wasn't cranky because he's in a cup. He's cranky because he has a bad perm, his master makes him wear silly sweaters, AND he's a grumpy racist.

It's occurred to me that when I'm in foreign countries language barriers leave me rather trapped in my own head. Then I do things like give dogs personality traits, emotions, AND accuse them of racist tendencies. Darn.

No comments: