Sunday, October 11, 2009

Tokyo Tofu Burger



So, as many of you know one of the things I've come to miss most whilst here in Japan are Veggie Burgers. Since I ate mostly fruits, vegetables, seafood, and grains in the States adjusting to food here in Japan wasn't a big issue for me. I'm not dying without Wendy's or Pop Tarts. I do however, miss Veggie Burgers like you wouldn't believe.

Since coming to Tokyo I feel like I've had to go through culture shock all over again, which is frustrating. I played the "culture shock" game a year ago, and I'm over it. Recognizing that I've been a little bummed lately, Winston decided to get me a little comfort food and take me out for a "date night". This is where the Tokyo Tofu Burger comes into the story.

Japan has a fast food chain called, "Freshness Burger." I'd say in terms of healthy eating it's on par more with Subway and less with McDonald's. Anyway, they have a "Tofu Veggie Burger" on the menu! Hooray for the little things in life I have to look forward to.

typical one armed couple date night picture.

our waters and my side salad.

the inside of the burger shop. It was all cute and decorated for Halloween.

THE TOFU VEGGIE BURGER OF GREATNESS. One word: Epic.

The French Fries were also full of freshness, not to mention potato goodness.

the taste test
I'd love to know who comes into work extra early to make these pretty chalk signs.

Again, I'd love to know who comes in EVEN EARLIER to make this little chalk sign. It's so colorful and intricate.

the view from the outside.

one of my favorite veggie burger scouts.

That's all, until our next round of Tokyo Tofu Burgers.

No comments: